Wednesday 1 March 2017

Promoting Language in the Classroom.


I will admit I don't pick up languages easily so for me to make my students feel at home in my classroom I have the words around the room. It means it's easy for me to see and use but also the other students can see them as well.

The language speech bubbles and the Sign Language cards with Te Reo are from Twinkl.  Although a UK based site they now have New Zealand resources. You can get some items for free but it is well worth paying for the subscriptions as there are so many wonderful ideas on their site.

I also want to respect all the different languages and cultures that are in my classroom. It is important to me to respect that students in my class have another language and culture and I need to embrace this. 


Time Table in Te Reo 



Commands in Te Reo
Labels around the room in Te Reo
Twinkl- Respect the languages spoken in my class. 

Everyday phrases I try to say in the classroom 
Twinkl- Sign is one of my students first languages. 





No comments:

Post a Comment