Sunday 18 May 2014

How do you address a letter?

My son came home with a letter from his teacher this week. The first thing that caught my attention was who it was addressed to - Mum and Dad. I know most won't understand why this may be odd (my husband didn't) but for me it made me wonder a few things;

1.Wow! al the children live with both sets of parents.
2. Really? Not one set of divorced parents in his class.
3. Am I a little to PC?
4. Does this teacher really know her children?


Maybe I am a little jealous as in my class I can't just write a standard letter addressed to 'mum and dad'. To be honest my list would have to include most of the following- Grandma and Granddad, Uncle or Aunty, Foster Careers, Mum and dads significant other, or omitting the mum or dad.


I would be really happy if;  number 1 was the correct answer and a little concerned if number 4 did apply.


Planning a lesson or changing your classroom is as important as knowing a child's or parents surname because if you get it wrong it can cause problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment