Monday 12 May 2014

I teech in heels.

I love shoes not just any type of shoes but heels and yes I teach in them as well.
I am not one for brand names although if anyone gave me a pair of Louboutin or Jimmy Choo I wouldn't say no! My favourite heels are actually ankle boots from Kurt Geiger all for the nice price of $14 off E Bay . To be honest what teacher can afford expensive heels?
I guess the other thing I should mention is I am 5'9 ( ish) so don't wear heels for the height!
My school had cross country the other day and I was the only teacher who didn't wear trainers, no I didn't wear heel but I did wear a lovely brown pair of Nine West knee high boots. What was interesting was that most teacher commented on the fact I didn't wear trainers.
Now as most other teachers know when it comes to the cross country all we do as teachers  is stand at a point to ensure 2things;
1. Children go the right way.
2. Make sure all children are safe.
It seemed that because it was cross country the norm was you had to wear trainers.
Not everyone wears heels or in that fact wants to. Heels can be difficult to walk in, uncomfortable and by the end of the day some say hurt their feet. They want the 'nice' comfortable shoes that won't hurt and can be trusted to not to cause any pain. No doubt a few will have the same brand or pair in a range of colours just to 'be safe'.
And sometimes teaching is like this. We stick with the comfortable shoes because we know we can 'trust' them, heels are a little to adventurous and what happens if they hurt, are uncomfortable, or god forbid I fall over?
Teaching is the same and we all know this. But the longer we wear those comfortable shoes the harder it is to try the new heels.
#hackyrclass is a great example of kicking off the flats and learning to dance in heels. So I am taking on this challenge. I have always taught a little outside the box thanks to my first teaching mentor. And a lot of what I have read up on (thanks to fellow Twitters) I have been doing due to Ofsted and their expectations! At least here I can do it 'stress' free. But there a lot of things I still want to do, can do and need to learn to do.
So who will be wearing heels to work this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment