Wednesday 4 February 2015

Communication


Bit late with day 3 of writing as Tuesday turned out to be a very busy day! Second day into work and already it seems that the mountain of work that is needed doing has escalated. It’s all in a good way but I do begin to wonder how I will fit it all in.

Yesterday we spent two hours in a team meeting planning for next week and discussing how we were going to work as a team, move towards more MLP’s, ensure the students came first and what we were planning to do benefited OUR children in OUR school.

It was a great meeting but boy did I feel that my head was about to explode with ideas, questions, queries, wonderings among many things. I have to admit, I work with a great team of teachers. We are very fortunate that we seem to be all on the same path and when ideas are expressed or suggestions made, they are valued even if they don’t work.

This is important as without this open communication and respect working in a team could be very difficult. Personality wise we are very different and we need to respect that. We have worked hard to ensure that we know and understand how everyone operates. I know this is something I have to be aware of as I can get over zealous about ideas and can sometimes forget that I am not the only one that may have idea.

I have already been aware of myself in these situations and have been mindful of how I respond and react to suggestions and ideas. I actually have caught myself stopping and taking a step back. Reassessing what I normally would think and asking myself whether this is the best solution.

Although it was a long meeting with ideas flying left, right and centre I left feeling positive that we had made all the right decisions for OUR students and what would be best for them.

#day3

No comments:

Post a Comment