Saturday 28 February 2015

Why hello February 28th




#28 days of writing has been a great challenge for me. I’ll admit, I didn’t quite achieve 28 full days of writing. Time (which is my nemesis) and a rather embarrassing incident with a mandolin slicer type gadget saw me with a great ‘hitchhikers thumb and trying to explain to students that ‘no my arm wasn’t broken but yes I did need a sling’.

I have to admit, I am more comfortable with writing all my jumbled thoughts up. I say jumbled as like other fellow bloggers, I feel totally inadequate comparing my writings to others. It’s something that I lack confidence in and know I have a fixed mind set in (which I know I need to change). It was one of the main reasons I avoided doing my masters – thesis!

What this little challenged did allow me to do was connect with other blogs. To read and reflect what their lives were about. How they saw the world and what they saw as important, interesting or even infuriating. It was another glimpse into how different we all are.

It also gave me the courage to reply more to other peoples posts which I thoroughly enjoyed doing. I write my blog as more of a reflection of how our school is changing and how I felt about it. But like anyone I do enjoy the fact that someone may read it and comment. Secretly I am getting excited that I have had nearly 1000 views. Small and insufficient to some but a little highlight for me.

I will continue to try and blog weekly and want to do a ‘Mum Sunday’ blog where I talk about being a mum/teacher and insights I have gained now having a school aged child. I never thought that being a mum would give me a whole new insight into how I view education!

I want to continue to read other blogs and must compile a list to read but also comment on them even if it is just a ‘thanks, loved reading this’ comment. And maybe write my own blog reflection.

Have to admit this was easier to do that Feb Fast which I would have totally failed in the first week!

No comments:

Post a Comment