Sunday 9 August 2015

Graduate Student

Tomorrow I have my first Graduate student!

This is her first time in a classroom and I am slightly nervous. The Graduate degree is slightly different to the Post Graduate Primary degree that Universities run. This is more classroom based and you can take less than a year or more than a year to complete it depending on how quickly you meet all the requirements. As this is my first time having someone no doubt I will blog about the differences and similarities I had when doing mine.

I am not 100% sure how a post graduate degree is run these days. I did mine in 1999! At that time they only let fifty people apply for a place on the programme ( not sure if this is still the same). I applied for this only because I wanted to carry on with becoming an Educational Psychologist and was told that I should have a teaching degree as this would help me. So I sent in my application, passed that, then passed the interview section.

There had been over 200 applicants and my cohort of fifty adults had only five of us who had just finished our university degree. The rest had been in fulltime employment and had wanted a change in career.

I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow. I am quite lucky as I work alongside some who has just finished this programme so I can ask her lots of questions.

My biggest challenge will be to plan on paper. I tend to bounce form one idea to another, change my planning halfway through and post it note a lot of my ideas.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment