Sunday 2 August 2015

Week Two of Effective Communicators


Week Two of our Effective Communicators saw the whole school working out another clue.

All classes how now received their first puzzle piece and they are desperately trying to work out what it could be.

I let my class solve this week’s clues in groups of three. We stopped at time to discuss and talk about what parts of the Effective Communicators pathway we were using so they gained more insight into what it meant to be an ‘Effective Communicator’.

I was extremely impressed with my class this week as they didn’t really need my help at all. I posed questions to them when they were stuck and tis enabled them to solve the clues!

This is what we started off with
 


Next we had to solve this. My class quickly realised that there were two different puzzles in the envelope.

 


     This gave them the clue to the next piece of the puzzle.


 

From the picture of the door, you can tell I work in a very old school building!

Inside the chest was their next piece of the puzzle which contained a cross word.

 



My class caught onto this clue quite quickly realising they needed to highlight all the other letter. What was harder was some couldn’t quite comprehend the answer – ‘wills has the key’ = Miss Will (a Teacher) had the key they needed to collect. Once they clicked on they received a key with their room number on it. This went back into their Effective Communicators bag and then returned to the blue box to await their next clue and a brand new puzzle piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment